[ltp] Re: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:15 -0600

 =20
> > But that doesn't mean it's not connected to the embedded=20
> controller. It
> > just means the embedded controller doesn't generate any=20
> inertial events
> > by itself - it may have to be polled with some specific command.
> >=20
>=20
> Well, in the changelog of the embedded controller firmware=20
> (ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/1uhj07us.txt) there is:
> - (New) Support for IBM Hard Disk Active Protection System.
>=20
> I would conclude that the embedded controller is involved=20
> with the HDAPS!
>=20
> Just my two cents.
>=20
> Eric
>=20
OK, awesome. This gives us pretty much a where to go from now.

Should the IBM-ACPI project have anything to do with this? I mean, we =
should, or could be getting more -vvv information from ecdump or the =
fact that because this is attached to the embedded controller makes =
things harder?

.Alejandro