[ltp] Re: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

Eric Piel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:22:03 +0200

06/23/2005 02:53 PM, Alejandro Bonilla wrote/a écrit:

>>Well, in the changelog of the embedded controller firmware
>>(ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/1uhj07us.txt) there is:
>>- (New) Support for IBM Hard Disk Active Protection System.
>>
>>I would conclude that the embedded controller is involved
>>with the HDAPS!
>>
>>Just my two cents.
>>
>>Eric
>>

> OK, awesome. This gives us pretty much a where to go from now.
>
> Should the IBM-ACPI project have anything to do with this? I mean, we should, or could be getting more -vvv information from ecdump or the fact that because this is attached to the embedded controller makes things harder?

Just to add a few more cents, googling around I found that Paul Sladen
has already been looking for some info on the chip. Started to RE the
windows driver, this kind of info _might_ be useful :
Windows drivers read in 28-bytes via an IOCTL(0x733fc) on "\ShockMgr" .
  (See shockprf.sys)

http://www.paul.sladen.org/thinkpad-r31/accelerometer.html
http://www.paul.sladen.org/thinkpad-r31/aps/

Eric (who is looking forward playing Neverball the Right Way (tm) ;-) )

PS: I don't know Paul Sladen's address and couldn't find it on his
webpage. Hopping this email address will do it anyway.