[ltp] Re: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

Andrew Haninger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:47:29 -0400

On 6/23/05, Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> wrote:
> Anyone want to lend me their Thinkpad? ;-P
While I'd like APS support on my Thinkpad while running Linux as much
as the next guy/gal, I'm not sure that I'm ready to do this just yet
(unless someone on the Ohio State University campus thinks they can do
something, in which case, contact me off-list).

However, if the more knowledgeable hardware hackers amongst us could
put together some instructions for the daring but not-yet-initiated of
us that happen to have this hardware, I'd be happy to try to do what I
can.

Someone else mentioned SoftIce, which appears to cost more than 0USD,
so I'm not going to get and try that right away. Are there any other
low-cost methods of getting detailed information about the hardware as
it's initialized and used?

-Andy