X20 3com ethernet and ACPI (Re: [ltp] ACPI suspend to RAM on T21)

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:16:22 -0400

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 14:32 +0100, Neil Caunt wrote:

> > If I enabled ACPI, the 3Com card failed to be recognized.
> I also have that problem, so I wrote a quick workaround until it's fixed:
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_3Com_10/100_Ethernet_card_not_being_recognized#Alternative_to_disabling_ACPI
> I'd be interested to know if it works with models other than my X20.

For the X20, there's possibly a better workaround.  If you have the X20
with the 3com modem/ethernet combo, you can just replace the minipci
card it comes on with the Intel/Lucent card.  That way, the modem works
too.  These cards pop up on Ebay fairly commonly. I think the one I
bought cost me about ten bucks.

(Or is there actually a driver for the3 3com card's modem? I never found
one when I bought my X20...)

Besides, most X20s are probably out of warranty anyhow. :)

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/