[ltp] sound on Thinpad 600 with Sarge (Yet again...)

Sriram Karra linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:40:12 +0530

I have a Thinkpad 600 (2645-48U) that I have just started using after
a really long time.  The sound was working even ~4 years ago with
Debian Potato.  But Sarge is having issues.  I did go through the
archives and tried out different things.  Most specifically disable
BIOS Quick Boot.  After doing that I did start getting Beeps from the
speakers but xmms and stuff still refuse to work.

modprobe cs46xx with the usual args mentioned on this list many times
suceeds without any error.  But xmms does not produce any sound and
gives error even on startup.  The other modules like
cs4232/cs4231/cs4236 do not even get loaded.

It's a little frurstrating to have working hardware give such problems
after upgrade ... :)  Any further tips on how I can make some
progress?

And oh, btw.  I also tried ugprading to 2.6.11 kernel from sid.  That
did not work either.

Thanks,
-Sriram.