[ltp] FireGL 7800 M7 drivers?

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:46:28 -0400

On 6/25/05, Vivek Dasmohapatra <vivek@etla.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Alex Deucher wrote:
>=20
> > yeah, I'm involved a bit, although the 2d and output stuff is my main
> > interest.  Testers are always welcome.  However, about all the driver
> > will do is hang your card until pcie support is finished.
>=20
> Um. Well I'm using the r300 cvs driver right now, as far as I can tell.
> It doesn't seem to hang my card. Is there something I can look for in
> the Xorg.0.log to tell for sure it's the r300 cvs driver I'm using?
>=20
>=20

2d (mode setting, 2d, accel, etc.) is covered by the xorg radeon
driver.  the r300 project is developing a 3d driver and drm for
supporting r3/4xx chips.  If you downloaded the 3d driver and drm from
r300 cvs (http://r300.sf.net) and installed them in counjunction with
the xorg radeon driver from xorg cvs, then you using the r300 driver.=20
If you try and load the r300 drm, pcie cards will hang on the
microcode upload since there is no support for pcie-gart yet.  pcie
cards will work fine as far as 2d/modes/etc. is concerned with the
xorg radeon driver.

Alex