[ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Accelerometer)

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:26:36 +1200

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:41, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> Aside from what we should do when we get the data... How can we/us/I
> start checking and see if we can find any response from the embedded
> controller?
>
> Do we have to backengineer everything, can we get anything of this from
> IBM-ACPI, or our only way to go here is see if IBM will do anything?
>
> Thanks for all the answers. I really don't want to drop the topic, so
> that we can figure this one out.

Another question to ask:
Is it possible to create a wrapper and interface to the existing black-box XP
code? ( in much the same way as the ndiswrapper project allows Linux to use
some wireless cards. Also the 'Captive' project accesses NTFS similarly )

I agree it's not as 'pure' as a native kernel module, but it might produce a
workable solution.

--
C. S.