[ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Accelerometer)

Pavel Machek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 16:47:36 +0200

Hi!

> > Yup, it's just doing port IO.  Get a kernel debugger for windows like
> > softice and this will be trivial to RE.
> > READ_PORT_USHORT / WRITE_PORT_UCHAR / READ_PORT_UCHAR
>
> There are 3 ports involved.  The 0xed "non-existant delay port" and a pair
> of ports that are through the Super-I/O / IDE.  They are used in a
> index+value setup similar to reading/writing the AT keyboard
> > controller.

I think you got it... 2ports seem like enough for some kind of small
u-controller...

> >From what I remember, my conclusion was that these instructions were the
> ones to park the heads and then lock the IDE bus.  It's a couple of months
> ago, but somewhere I have the simplified version of what it was doing...

Don't think so... parking heads will go through IDE layer...
								Pavel

--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.