[ltp] sound on Thinpad 600 with Sarge (Yet again...)

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:11:41 -0700

On Saturday 25 June 2005 05:10 am, Sriram Karra wrote:
> modprobe cs46xx with the usual args mentioned on this list many times
> suceeds without any error.  But xmms does not produce any sound and
> gives error even on startup.  The other modules like
> cs4232/cs4231/cs4236 do not even get loaded.

cs46xx is the wrong module. You need to rmmod cs46xx after everything loads,
then modprobe in cs4236 if my memory serves me right. My friend Chad wrote me
a shell script that does this upon invocation as Root.

> It's a little frurstrating to have working hardware give such problems
> after upgrade ... :)  Any further tips on how I can make some
> progress?
>
> And oh, btw.  I also tried ugprading to 2.6.11 kernel from sid.  That
> did not work either.

Yes but it will make your life easier because that kernel supports both 600e
audio and 600e APM.

Take care,
Michelle
--