[ltp] r40 battery

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 05:03:27 -0400

I purchased a new battery from batteries4less in Vancover BC.  They ship
internationally, but I'm sure google will turn up something in Europe.  I
found a new battery for 25% less than IBM.

One caution however, there are apparently at least two types of batteries.
They look the same and appear to work the same but seem to require different
chargers, which I think use differnt currents.  (I ran one battery for a year
and am now 5 months into a second.)  One charger appears to charge both the
US and Asian batteries and the other only the US battery.  Just check the
full specs on the replacement against the specs on the IBM page.
Paul