[ltp] IBM HDAPS Someone interested? (Accelerometer)

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:36:27 +0100

Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> Paul Sladen wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Lee Revell wrote:
>>

>>> Yup, it's just doing port IO.  Get a kernel debugger for windows like
>>> softice and this will be trivial to RE.
>>> READ_PORT_USHORT / WRITE_PORT_UCHAR / READ_PORT_UCHAR
>>>

>> There are 3 ports involved.  The 0xed "non-existant delay port" and a
>> pair
>> of ports that are through the Super-I/O / IDE.  They are used in a
>> index+value setup similar to reading/writing the AT keyboard controller.

Note the winbond docs are incomplete for the W83627HF at least.
I needed to download the reference for the W83697HF to complete
the picture for when I was writing:
http://lxr.linux.no/source/drivers/char/watchdog/w83627hf_wdt.c

Give us a shout if you need any docs/programming help.

--
Pádraig Brady - http://www.pixelbeat.org