[ltp] purchase a t41p?

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:29:47 -0600

> > I am currently useing a t40p  (1.6 Pentium M)- which works
> for most of
> > my needs.
> >
> > I would like a higher res display and better speed
> >
> > I wonder about purchasing one of the T42p systems with the 1600x1200
> > display and 1.8Ghz cpu.
> >
> > Does anybody know if the cpu changed generations or is really just
> > 200Mhz faster after two years?
> >
> > Is someone aware of a similar but updated system that is coming
> > available shortly?
> >
> > brad

 Brad,

 	The T43 is based in the 915PM chipset and moved from 400mhz Front Side
bus, to 533mhz FSB. It is also a
 PCI-Express based computer. It should also come with the Intel Wireless
2915ABG which is fully supported in Linux.

 	Why stay below? ;-)

 .Alejandro

 PS: PCI-Express = 16x Video Speed (Shame it is not an nvidia card in there)