[ltp] What does acpi display on your thinkpad? T43p in particular!

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:32:17 -0600

> Hi all,
>
> as already said in some previous messages,  I do have the impression
> that my thinkpad (T43p) does not cool enough. I know my fan can do
> better (when system boots it boosts the fan), but even under hours of
> compiling with 100% cpu load the fan speed does not perform as hard as
> it can. In acpi the temperature is 87 C. Is that real? Please send me
> some information about your acpi temperatures. I know, that ibm-acpi
> yields a set of 4 or 5 temperature values. What do they stand for?
>
> Thanks to all responders,
> Florian

Florian,

	AFAIK, temp limit is about 113 C to 125 C. When I compile, the fan does not
sound that loud, like I would like it to do it, but does hold the
temperature from 82 C to 87 C.

	I use laptop_mode and cpureqd to keep it cooling down while I use it and
it's awesome.

If you are using the Laptop to compile only, you are in my point of view,
wrong. You should use some sort of desktop or do things remotely. A laptop
is not to compile and burn it all day.

So, 87 C is OK for a full throttle CPU.

.Alejandro