[ltp] Swsusp2 not working on T40

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:02:23 +0200

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 23:41:51 +0200, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been doing a fresh install of my Linux and decided to give
> hibernation another shot.
> echo mem > /sys/power/state seems to work
> (BTW any good scripts for unloading USB, wireless and the like
> out there?), at least from the console.

This is what the hibernate script should do for you.

> The 'hibernate' script for swsusp2, however, always causes the
> machine to freeze at the stage of preparing for a memory dump.
> I've found some clues about intel-agp causing problems, but I
> can't unload it, even after xdm is shut down (module in use,
> but what exactly uses it is unspecifiec).
>
> Is there a clean solution to this problem?

Maybe this is the wrong list, since IMHO this depends on a partitcular
kernel config than on hardware. You could ask on the suspend2-help list
(they are very responsive in most cases) or use their bugzilla at
http://bugzilla.suspend2.net/index.cgi.

Regards,
Tino