[ltp] What does acpi display on your thinkpad? T43p in particular!

Florian Trippel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:31:03 +0200

thanks to all responders so far!

@Alejandro Bonilla

>        AFAIK, temp limit is about 113 C to 125 C. When I compile, the fan=
 does not
> sound that loud, like I would like it to do it, but does hold the
> temperature from 82 C to 87 C.

So you compile with your thinkpad (T43p???) yourself? Well I only
needed to compile gentoo from stage 1 on ;-). After system compilation
is finished I do not compile any more than my own projects - just very
simple java programs demonstrating my algorithms.

>        I use laptop_mode and cpureqd to keep it cooling down while I use =
it and
> it's awesome.

I will try that then :-).
=20
> So, 87 C is OK for a full throttle CPU.

According to James Robertson it is not :-). I don't know whether it
goes even over 87 degrees, since I interrupted the process at 87 -
didn't want to toast my thinkpad!

I get the same temperatures via cpuz on the windows xp deployed. So,
it is not the software causing the trouble! I had a phone call with
ibm support and I will send it in. Further experience from other users
is appreciated, though.

Thanks,
Florian