[ltp] Swsusp2 not working on T40

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

> I got this to work, by disabling encryption.

        That's what the main suspend2.net webpage recommends...

> Still, suspend and hibernate seems to have problems with a typical
> subset of modules loaded. It seems that suspend only works with
> radeonfb, but still, I am not sure which of the usb or X modules
> cause problems. radeon, drm, agpgart, intel-agp, uhci-hcd, ehci-hcd,
> ohci-hcd, usbhid, usbcore? Anyone had a similar problem and
> evaluated it more thoroughly?

        This works flawlessly here on my T42p now, with the following
modules currently loaded (I do not unload any of these at suspend
time):

Module                  Size  Used by
vmnet                  32548  12
vmmon                 172972  0
rfcomm                 41500  1
l2cap                  27140  5 rfcomm
bluetooth              52100  4 rfcomm,l2cap
pcmcia                 27912  8
wlan_wep                6784  1
ibm_acpi               30336  0
sg                     39456  0
sd_mod                 18320  0
sr_mod                 17700  0
8250_pci               19200  0
8250                   25508  1 8250_pci
serial_core            23424  1 8250
uhci_hcd               33552  0
intel_agp              23580  1
agpgart                36424  1 intel_agp
usbhid                 36384  0
usb_storage            44424  0
scsi_mod              145224  4 sg,sd_mod,sr_mod,usb_storage
ehci_hcd               35592  0
ath_pci                62752  0
ath_rate_onoe           8968  1 ath_pci
wlan                  120028  4 wlan_wep,ath_pci,ath_rate_onoe
ath_hal               148816  2 ath_pci
e1000                 105524  0
yenta_socket           23688  4
rsrc_nonstatic         12032  1 yenta_socket
pcmcia_core            51208  3 pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic
cpufreq_conservative    7332  1
ide_cd                 43524  0
cdrom                  41376  2 sr_mod,ide_cd

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com