[ltp] switching between x40 and external monitor (resolution change)

David Tansey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:06:16 +0200

Hello everyone.

I know I've discussed this before, but I've found two tools that I
don't think anyone mentioned.

Does anyone have any experience setting up external monitor
(clone/switching between/whatever -- i dont care which.) setups using
xvidtune or xrandr?

I seemed to find some stuff on google -- but none were howtos -- they
were just people mentioning using xrandr to switch between monitors.

Does anyone use either of these with X.org? (I use ubuntu hoary.) Are
there any graphical tools to simplify the process?

Thanks!

-David