[ltp] minipci card and T43

Lilong Li linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:28:27 -0400

I tried to change the EEPROM, for example, use

ethtool -E eth1 magic 0x2200 offset 0x8 value 0x11

eth1 is of course the wireless interface. Now seemingly it's changed. If I =
use:=20
ethtool -e eth1 raw on > tempfile
and if now i look at the tempfile, I can see that the byte at 0x8 is
0x11, but lspci -v will still show subsystem 2701 with 01 at offset
0x8, and if rmmod and insmod again, reading eeprom now show the byte
to be indeed 0x01.

What i do not understand is the magic key above. I just used the
example on ipw2100-devel list. Where can I find the magic key? Is that
the problem here or not? thanks for suggestions.

Lilong