[ltp] R51 new BIOS available

Thu, 30 Jun 2005 03:20:55 -0400

Hello all,

This is my first email to the list. I have an R51 with the integrated Intel
graphics. As I saw in the archives, I'm not the only one having problems with
ACPI suspend on this model. I know that downgrading the bios and embedded
controller is  one way to get suspend working.

My question is: I saw that IBM/Lenovo has a new BIOS version released earlier
this month, and I'm wondering if anyone is using it and if it has fixed ACPI
suspend. The latest version is 1VET64WW (1.22), released 6/7/05. According to
the release notes, the following changes have been made:

 (New) MPU microcode update.
 (Fix) Some BIOS Setup menu items are not copied with using a Remote CMOS Update
Utility.

Could that MPU microcode update fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Joe