[ltp] Sound on Thinkpad 600

morpheus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:10:10 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 1, 2005 11:17 AM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
>2.6.x kernels include ALSA support, so you don't have to mess with that
>side of it. Many recent distros have 2.6.x kernels, including Mandrake
>and Ubuntu. Probably Fedora as well.
Fedora Core 3 is up to 2.6.10 now.  I highly recommend it as it is a breeze to install.  The DVD .iso is on the torrent and you can download it in a few hours if you have broadband.

Also, I suggest you install apt for Fedora and then apt-get all your applications.  You can get an apt RPM on rpm.pbone.net

-m

This mail was sent with TotalOffice--Secure, encrypted webmail with the look and feel of a desktop client.
http://www.totalinfosecurity.com