[ltp] Thinkpad multiple mouse and Firefox problem

Bill Harrison linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:36:05 -0500

Also posted to forums.gentoo.org:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-302318.html

Short version: When I use the middle button on the Thinkpad to scroll,
it automatically pastes whatever is in the buffer to Firefox, and
tries to open a new web page.

Long version: I've just added a section in my XF86Config for a USB
mouse. I made a lot of changes, and accidentally overwrote my old
config, which worked fine. Now, whenever I try to use the middle
button on the Thinkpad to scroll in Firefox, it tries to go to another
web page.

I have tried variations of the Trackpoint section with no luck.

Here are the relevent parts of the config file:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Trackpoint"
Driver "mouse"
# Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option "EmulateWheel" "true" #on for scrolling
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2" #on for scrolling
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true" #on for scrolling
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
# Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
# Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5" #on for scrolling
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "USBMouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
# Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
# Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "Buttons" "5" #Should be 7, not using other 2
# Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

InputDevice "Trackpoint" "CorePointer"