[ltp] Sound on Thinkpad 600

Nigel Wilkinson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:38:41 +0000

--==========4AD5B5F90F00EFC990B6==========

--On Monday, February 28, 2005 19:39:16 -0800 JP Shipherd <jp@nuance.com>=20
wrote:

> There comes a time when one must admit they need help.  I did my first
> ever linux install on my Thinkpad 600 and I must confess I'm fumbling
> around a bit trying to get sound working.  There has been a lot of useful
> information in the archives to this list but being such a newbie I think
> I need to back up a step to understand what I'm doing.

OK, I'm afraid I use Mandrake 10.1 and found that alsaconf ( in the=20
als-utils-1.0.6 package ) recognised the card and the fact that it was a=20
TP600 and need to use CS4236 emulation and set it up out the box. The=20
config tool you tried was probably sndconfig which I've always found to=20
have problems with the TP600.

For info my modprobe.conf file is

# This file is autogenerated from /etc/modules.conf using=20
generate-modprobe.conf command

install usb-interface /sbin/modprobe uhci-hcd; /bin/true
alias wlan0 ndiswrapper
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.6 ---
options snd  device_mode=3D0666
alias sound-slot-0 snd-cs4236
options snd-cs4236 port=3D0x530 cport=3D0x538 isapnp=3D0 dma1=3D1 dma2=3D0 =
irq=3D5
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

alias snd-0 snd-cs4236

--==========4AD5B5F90F00EFC990B6==========

--==========4AD5B5F90F00EFC990B6==========--