[ltp] tpm chip

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:48:16 -0600

Gijs Hillenius wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anyone care to share some 'activate and user' experiences with the tpm
>chip on the thinkpads? I am reading the linux journal article by Jeff
>Kravitz and Leendert van Doorn ('Take control of tcpa', 07 2003). I am
>curious to see what use I could make of this chip and the code these
>two supply.
>
>Regards
>
>Gijs

I haven't read much, I can tell you it really works if you have
sensitive data you want to Encrypt. Else you probably won't need it.
Normally what it does in Windows is your right click the file and
encrypt it. As easy as that. I bet in Linux is going to be the same
thing but with a simple command...

I don't use it cause I don't have a private enough document like for me
to take the time and encrypt it.