[ltp] problem with apm and suse 9.2 (thinkpad A31)

David Ayers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:48:03 -0600

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:49:01 +0100
"Mauro A. Cremonini" <mauro.cremonini@unibo.it> wrote:

> Hi all, this is my first post here. I am glad that a thinkpad and linux
> dedicated mailing list exists.
>
> Two days ago I upgraded from suse 9.1 to 9.2 and everything went
> smoothly...but APM. Unfortunately after the upgrade I cannot achieve
> suspend-to-ram  (STR) anymore when I close the lid. I want to use APM,
> since ACPI suspends to memory but messes everything up after reopening
> the lid (the X session is frozen). With APM I can get STR only with the
> command
>
> powersave -u
>
> but after reopening the lid there's a message in which the kernel
> informs me that IRQ 11 has been disabled, so I cannot use any PCMCIA
> cards anymore...
>
> Any hint about where to look? It worked out-of-the-box with the
> previous version...
>
> Thanks,
> Mauro

I'm running SUSE 9.2 on my T42p and have the same problem with suspend.
Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. Hibernate works, however.

Maybe a solution will appear one of these days <sigh>.

Dave

--
David Ayers
Quincy, Illinois, USA