[ltp] tpm chip

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:35:38 -0600

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 13:43, Michael Gaber wrote:
> | No, there is no AES in it. Instead, it implements the version 1.1b
> | of the Trusted Computing Group's spec, see
> | www.trustedcomputinggroup.org.
>
> but it should be possible to use it for encrypting a crypto-fs.

"Trusted computing" is one of the most outrageous misnomers of all
time. I would not use such a thing for encrypted FS, nor for anything
else I wanted to remain secure.

I used to use loopback Blowfish encryption on my old P166 way back, and
there really wasn't any noticeable problem with CPU overload, nor with
slow read/writes. Soon I plan to set up dm-crypt on my Thinkpad.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header