[ltp] Re: problem with apm and suse 9.2 (thinkpad A31)

Shannon McMackin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 17:23:47 -0500

--------------010603020205010807030702

It may seem painful, but look at swsusp2.  It uses a vanilla kernel and
suspends to disk so you can use ACPI to hibernate.  The hibernate
scripts have options to deal with X and other drivers when resuming.  I
use it on a T41.  Suse 9.2 out of the box with some modifications also
worked well for me, but I have a different chipset than the A31 or T42p.

David Ayers wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:49:01 +0100
> "Mauro A. Cremonini" <mauro.cremonini@unibo.it> wrote:
>

>>Hi all, this is my first post here. I am glad that a thinkpad and linux
>>dedicated mailing list exists.
>>
>>Two days ago I upgraded from suse 9.1 to 9.2 and everything went
>>smoothly...but APM. Unfortunately after the upgrade I cannot achieve
>>suspend-to-ram  (STR) anymore when I close the lid. I want to use APM,
>>since ACPI suspends to memory but messes everything up after reopening
>>the lid (the X session is frozen). With APM I can get STR only with the
>>command
>>
>>powersave -u
>>
>>but after reopening the lid there's a message in which the kernel
>>informs me that IRQ 11 has been disabled, so I cannot use any PCMCIA
>>cards anymore...
>>
>>Any hint about where to look? It worked out-of-the-box with the
>>previous version...
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Mauro
>>

> I'm running SUSE 9.2 on my T42p and have the same problem with suspend.
> Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. Hibernate works, however.
>
> Maybe a solution will appear one of these days <sigh>.
>
> Dave

--------------010603020205010807030702

begin:vcard
fn:Shannon McMackin