[ltp] tpm chip

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:46:29 -0600

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 16:23, Flavio Visentin wrote:
> > "Trusted computing" is one of the most outrageous misnomers of all
> > time. I would not use such a thing for encrypted FS, nor for
> > anything else I wanted to remain secure.
>
> I suppose you don't ever know what you're speaking about.

Perhaps not. And if not, I would have no way of knowing it. :)

> Maybe less Anti-M$ spot and more googling could help you to open your
> mind.
>
> Start with http://www.research.ibm.com/gsal/tcpa/

I use Google when I have a need. I have no need for TCPA. I admit it
was just a quick reaction to the "trusted computing" label, but no, I
really am not interested in the matter. I will stick with resources
that *I* consider trustworthy.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

Yes, it's possible that RMS was wrong. When he signs on with TCG I
promise I will take another look. In the meantime, dm-crypt.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header