[ltp] ACPI drain and VGA drivers - any progress?

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 08:58:29 -0500

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:43:22 +0100, Tomek Jarzynka <tomee@kadu.net> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> it's been a while since I played around with all the patches
> I could find, still, my laptop sucks ~700mWh in sleep mode :(
> Are there any new solutions or patches published? Has anyone
> evaluated this matter?
>
> I'd also like to know if there's any progress on getting TV-out
> to work, and possibly DRM after resuming the laptop.
> Are there new versions of the tiling patches after v8?
> Perhaps there are some more performance improvements in the
> CVS code?

All the tiling stuff has been inlcuded in xorg/mesa/drm cvs.  Roland
also added texture tiling support which will also give you a slight
speed bump.  I have tv-out support in progress.  Hopefully I'll have
time to finish it up and do some testing this weekend.

Alex