[ltp] tpm chip

Gijs Hillenius linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:13:53 +0100

(snip)

     > Why don't you try it? I used it once, and found it useless for
     > me cause I don't need to encrypt any file.

Ok. I don't work at the CIA either, but am curious, so I switched it
on.

Dmesg: Initializing Cryptographic API

I can compile TPM-2.0.tar.gz but:
insmod: error inserting 'tpm.o': -1 Invalid module format
and dmesg
No module found in object

I can't compile tpm-1.1b.tar.gz, several errors

ux/module.h:555)
tpm.c: In function `tpm_release':
tpm.c:228: warning: `MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT' is deprecated (declared at /lib/modules/2.6.8-1-686/build/include/linux/module.h:567)
tpm.c: In function `init_tpm':
tpm.c:572: warning: implicit declaration of function `pci_present'
make: *** [tpm.o] Error 1

But maybe I need a more modern kernel. I use
Debian 2.6.8-1-686
and kernel-headers-2.6.8-686

any suggestion (I am rereading the docs). Thanks!

Gijs
--
Honesty is for the most part less profitable than dishonesty.
		-- Plato