[ltp] problems with memory upgrade

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:11:58 -0500

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:20:12 +0100
Konstantin Filtschew <konstantin.filtschew@gmail.com> wrote:

> maybe the one slot supports max. 256mb and the other max. 128 mb, try to
> change the places of the memory sticks. IBM don't use special ram.

The original poster's X20 only has one slot, which *does* support 256MB.
I think Tino Keitel's answer is probably the right one in this thread.

I have a 256MB module in my (wife's) X20 - so it's definitely possible to
have 320M total RAM in an X20.  Buying it directly from Crucial or a
similar retailer will probably ensure that the RAM is the right kind of
256MB module for the X20.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/