[ltp] T43p and Expresscard

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:48:37 -0600

Torkild Ulvøy Resheim wrote:

>I'm currently looking forward to receiving my upgrade from a A22p running SuSE
>9.1 to a brand new T43p. I'm planning to install SuSE 9.2 on the new box.

Definitely a major upgrade, Have fun with it. If you get an Intel
2915ABG WiFi, you need ipw2200.sf.net

>Since I don't have any particlar use for the expresscard slot on it I'm

I don't think SuSe Support it. Anyway, it would be the kernel.

>thinking about installing an averymedia radio/tv-tuner. Does anyone have any
>experience with this setup?

This is why I didn't wait for a T43, and got a T42, still there is no
support for the Intel Media Accelerator 9000, this is not a real Sonoma
system or generation Centrino 2. It supports SoundMax sound and not the
snd-azx of Intel High Definition, whichhh the T43's and Sonoma systems
should have by now.

Also, Sonoma should have a Nvidia PCI-E Chipset or well an ATI (which
probably IBM is waiting for(I would use Nvidia))
There are features missing...
- Real T&L support (need ATI or Nvidia)
- Sonoma Sound (Intel High Definition)
- Keyboard light (LCD screen has a sensor and notices if the room is
dark, so it lights up the keyboard) Mac has this already?