[ltp] ACPI + TP600e

Christian Reiser linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Mar 2005 16:39:25 +0100

Hi,

Damien Challet wrote:
> It is not possible to turn on/off the fan it self,

For me it works. I just echo'ed "3" into /proc/acpi/fan/FN02/state and
it stopped. The thermal zone 0 is the (corresponding) CPU (would have
expected 2...).

> but one can change the trip
> points by using (at your own risk):
>
> echo '63:0:0:45:0' >/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM2/trip_points

No need - the trip point is around 90 degees for the CPU... Right now, i
generate a lot of load, but it took me more than 30 to get there.

Note: The acpi trip_points do work: at 91 C the fan gets active. But it
was really hard to get there....

> THM2 has a temp of about 43 to 44 C under normal condition of work.

... or even a little bit lower.... seems to be the motherboard.

> I have just posted a contribution to thinkwiki about how to activate the sound
> device with pnpacpi:
>
> echo 'activate' >/sys/devices/pnp0/00:05/resources
> echo 'activate' >/sys/devices/pnp0/00:06/resources

Hm - your contribution was very helpful - but only the apm-part. For me
it does not work with acpi.

I have had a closer look at the dsdt. It seems, that a Microsoft
Operating system is expected (stingcompare). So, by passing
acpi_os_name="Microsoft Windows"
to the kernel, you enable e.g. the second battery.

Ciao
	Christian

ps: the ibm_acpi stuff do not work for the 600e right now, corresponding
to the README and my experiences.