[ltp] T42: irda not working after resuming from suspend to RAM

Arne Werner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:05:53 -0300

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 12:36 +0800, David de Hoog wrote:

> I'm not convinced that my TP supports the FIR driver, because all my
> attempts to load the nsc_ircc module have met with failure. I have seen
> writings elsewhere indicating that (at least for the X series TPs) a
> kernel patch is required for the 2.6.11 tree in order to use the
> nsc_ircc module. Additionally, I have no idea whether my phone supports
> FIR, but it works nicely with SIR.

I am not sure, but I think that all Thinkpads use the same IRDA chipset.
And there are reports that the nsc-ircc works for some T42 (e.g.
http://wiki.version6.net/T42). Did you unset the serialport before
0)? This is necessary to release any serial driver from the IRDA.

If your phone only supports SIR it will work with FIR, too. FIR is
backward compatible to SIR. But you will not get the 4Mbps, only the
115.2kbps from the SIR standard. My palm (and I think all palm) only
supports SIR and it works without any problem with the nsc-ircc module.

Arne