[ltp] Re: problem with apm and suse 9.2 (thinkpad A31)

Mauro A. Cremonini linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:00:07 +0100

Dear all,
after my previous message and after reading  your answers I decided first of
all to upgrade my bios. After upgrading the bios I can finally suspend-to-ram
with acpi.
Unfortunately after suspending and resuming, my x session appears (it's hard
to explain this with my english) something "grainy". When I open, say, an
xterm window it is displayed well, but when I move it (only when I move it),
not all the pixels are redrawn. Some of them appear white regardless of the
coolor they should have.  I have many "white pixels" around all over my
KDE!!! Moreover these "white pixels" are not fixed, but "dance" on and off.
Has anybody experienced such a problem with a thinkpad?
Thanks again.
MAC
p.s. for those interested I put 3 screenshots on my web site:
http://maurocremonini.foodsci.unibo.it/before.jpg
http://maurocremonini.foodsci.unibo.it/after.jpg
http://maurocremonini.foodsci.unibo.it/pixels.jpg
"before" and "after" show the same window before and after moving it. "pixels"
show a typical window with many "white dots".

--
Mauro Andrea Cremonini, PhD