[ltp] acpi on r50

chris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:12:40 +1100

Hi list:

I am using Debian Sarge on my R50. This morning I took 2.6.11 source from
kernel.org, and compiled with ibm acpi option on, I followed the howto,

echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
after modprobe ibm_acpi
then
apt-get acpid and acpi, appended apm=no in the kernel argument.

If I cat /proc/acpi/event while pressing the keys from F1 to the end. I got
cat /proc/acpi/event
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001001
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001002
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001003
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001005
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001006
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001007
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001008
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001009
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100a
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100b
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100c
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100f
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001010
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100e

but the Fn+F4 button doesn't show up. After about several minutes I
accidentally pressed the combination if worked, then after n minutes, it
started to work again. I had this problem since after I had debian, in FC2 it
didn't seem to be a problem. Any ideas?