[ltp] T41 - kernel 2.6.11 - suspending problem - "Unlink after no-IRQ?"

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:58:16 -0600

François Fleuret wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I have been using the 2.6.9 kernel on my T41p for month without a
>glitch (Debian Sarge) and have been giving a try with the 2.6.11 for a
>few days. Everything seems okay except one problem with the suspending
>(S3). When I close the lid, it happened twice that the computer freeze
>without going into suspend at all. Looking at the log it seems that
>both times, I got the following line in /var/log/syslog:
>
> kernel: uhci_hcd 0000:00:1d.1: Unlink after no-IRQ?  Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ.

Try to unload all USB related, check lsmod and modprobe -r it. Test
again and see if the same thing happens.

Also a nice thing would be to cat /proc/interrupts and see if you get
the same thing in 2.6.10 or 2.6.11 if you still have the previous kernel
loaded around...