[ltp] T42: irda not working after resuming from suspend to RAM

Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:25:53 +0100

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:05:53 -0300, Arne Werner wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 12:36 +0800, David de Hoog wrote:
>
> > I'm not convinced that my TP supports the FIR driver, because all my
> > attempts to load the nsc_ircc module have met with failure. I have seen
> > writings elsewhere indicating that (at least for the X series TPs) a
> > kernel patch is required for the 2.6.11 tree in order to use the
> > nsc_ircc module. Additionally, I have no idea whether my phone supports
> > FIR, but it works nicely with SIR.
>
> I am not sure, but I think that all Thinkpads use the same IRDA chipset.
> And there are reports that the nsc-ircc works for some T42 (e.g.
> http://wiki.version6.net/T42). Did you unset the serialport before
> 0)? This is necessary to release any serial driver from the IRDA.

One more fact: the hardware dectection of the nsc-ircc driver in 2.6
kernels seems to be broken, at least for my A30 and T23. The driver
will load, but it won't see any IR devices. Loading the driver with
modprobe nsc-ircc dongle_id=0x9 will do the trick.

Regards,
Tino