[ltp] A21e 2628-J1G

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:57:35 +0100

A friend asked me to install on his thinkpad (as subject) linux, and
i will install ubuntu.

There's something that i must know before start installing? The A21e
have sufficient ACPI support to handle all flavour of
suspend/standby/hybernate or i have to keep a dos partition to handle
hybernate, as in my 600e?
Better to use apm/tpctl/apmiser or acpi? Better to update bios to
latest?

Sorry for the question, but the link on a21e of linux-laptop.org are
dangling, google say me nothing usefoul and also the bios download page
on ibm:

	http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/license.do?filename=mobiles/spsdku36.exe

does not work, tested with firefox and ie6.

Many thanks.

--
  E i professori dell'altroieri stanno affrettandosi a cambiare altare
  hanno indossato le nuove maschere