[ltp] CPU Throttling on R50p

Michael Gaber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:02:41 +0100

ok that might be the cause, but i have still the problem, that under
linux i have only about 2 hours of battery while under windows i can
work about 4

Winsley von Spee wrote:
| Hi
|
| The Pentium M CPU's aren't able to scale to a lower freq than 600 MHz.
The newer one (the one with the dothan core) are only able to scale down
to 800 MHz. If something in Windows report a clock speed of 200 MHz it's
wrong. Throttling doesn't change the cpu clock it just adds idle cycles
to reduce the power consumption if the cpu is to hot.

| cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/throttling
|
| Reports the available throttling states and which state is active.
|
| Greetz
|
| On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:40:52 +0100
| Michael Gaber <Michael.Gaber@gmx.net> wrote:
|

| well you can echo e.g. 200000 but it wont work, cause you can't alter
| the cpufreq_min_freq
|

| morpheus wrote:
| |>This can only go down to 600 MHz.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | There _is_ a file in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq called
| "scaling_min_freq" which is set to 600000 on my system.  You could try
| setting this to a lower value if you want to go down further...I've
| never done this though and I'm not sure if it's recommended or will
| damange anything.  Does anyone else know?
| |
| |
| |
| | -m
| |
| |
| | This mail was sent with TotalOffice--Secure, encrypted webmail with
| the look and feel of a desktop client.
| |
| | http://www.totalinfosecurity.com
| |