[ltp] Wvdial cant get serial info

Shorty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:00:32 +1000

This isnt really thinkpad specific, (I dont think) but at am a loss to fix
it. Running debian sarge with slmodem 2.9.9-alsa. After an upgrade (which I
havent done for some time due to being on dial up) all of a sudden wvdial
cant use the modem. I get the error
cannot open /dev/ttySLO
cannot get info for serial port
This is the first time wvdial has played up on me. Have tried booting into
older kernels (am running 2.6.10) but still the same error. I even tried
compiling with the slamr module and now I cant even load the module, which I
have also never had a problem with before. I do have the /dev/ttySLO in dev
directory with root permissions and group of uucp. Tried playing with
permissions, but dont think thats the problem. Ran setserial to see what it
says (dont really know much about the whole thing) and it reports same
error. This has me stumped. I had about 300 things upgraded so I have no
idea what could be causing the problem. This is all on a r40. Hopefully
someone can point me in the right direction as I only have dial up at home
and dont want to have to restore to an older image.
Cheers

Cheers