[ltp] T42 sound driver not working with 2.6.11

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:41:10 +0100

On Freitag 11 März 2005 09:54, le.petit.fou@gmx.de wrote:
> As I wrote in the Gentoo-Forum here
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2162763.html#2162763
> I simpe d'n'd the posting here:
>
> --snip--
> I found a solution for the ThinkPad R50.
>
> In alsamixer switch «Headphone Jack Sense» to off-state. Maybe the
> headphone-detection is broken or need some extra conector that is
> not implemented in the ThinkPad. Never mind. I'm happy now, hope,
> you will get your sound back, too.
> --snip--

Yes, but for example with my t42p there is no "Headphone Jack Sense",
there is only a switch calles "Headphone" and to mute this doesn't
solve the problem.

I've tested also alsa-libs, -tools 1.0.8 but no success!

Regards, Frank
--
uniorg Solutions GmbH - Märkische Strasse 237 - 44141 Dortmund
ffiene@veka.com - Tel:0231-9497-262