[ltp] atitvout detecting tv - interesting finding

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:34:08 -0500

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:51:15 +0100, Konstantin Filtschew
<konstantin.filtschew@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've updated to gentoo and x.org Now I can't use tv-out anymore on
> my T40.
>
> How are your stepts to get tv-out working?
>
> Do you use x.org or xfree?

the xorg 6.8.x radeon driver disables bios mode switching to keep it
from doing things behind it's back since xorg doesn't have acpi
support.  you can either use the radeon driver from 6.7 or xorg cvs
HEAD.  if you use cvs, you'll need to set the "bioshotkeys" option to
true.  Nightly cvs binary snapshots are available here:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

Alex