[ltp] one issue with 2.6.11.2 so far

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:09:49 -0800

On 03/11/2005 07:25 PM, Michael Perry wrote:
> Just a thing I have found on my T23 thinkpad... The linuxant drivers
> will cause my system to hard lock and no amount of coaxing makes it
> stop.  Only recourse is to power cycle the laptop by pulling the AC and
> removing the battery. I never saw this behavior before on a system with
> those drivers installed.
>
> Already reported to linuxant support...

Turns out one cannot compile a kernel with config_preempt in place and
have linuxant work.  I went back and turned this off and have the
linksys card working.  The other things which work so far or are better:

-time drift seems completely gone (yay!)
-acpi with the latest patches seems to work very good

I am gonna get suspend to disk working next using Martin's email and
config options.  As it stands now, I can suspend with lid close events
and Fn-F4 with the addition of the latest ibm-acpi drivers and enabling
hotkeys.

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org