[ltp] DPMS does not work on my ThinkPad T23

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:14:46 -0500

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:21:35 +0200, Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@b4net.lt> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 01:05:41PM +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > I came across this before, but now I tested it a bit more as I recognized
> > the ibm-blank.sh script of the ibm-acpi debian package again...
> >
> > I tried using the command used in that script as the user who is currently
> > running X:
> >
> > /usr/X11R6/bin/xset -display:0 dpms force off
> >
> > But nothing happens when I execute this.
>
> On my T23 the screen goes blank, but the backlight stays on, when I do
> xset dpms force off.
>
> Ubuntu Hoary has a 'vbetool' package that lets me turn the screen off
> with 'vbetool dpms off'.  My /etc/acpi/lid.sh looks like this:
>
>   grep -q closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/*/state
>   if [ $? = 0 ]
>   then
>           vbetool dpms off
>   else
>           vbetool dpms on
>   fi

I added real LCD DPMS support to the savage driver in xorg cvs.  If
you still have problems with cvs, let me know as there is an
alternative method you can try.  Binary snapshots are availabel here:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

Alex