[ltp] ipw210 modprobe problem on R50

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:43:26 -0500

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

> Since last week, my ipw2100 module does not load anymore. It was running
> perfectly for the last six month.=20
> Mar 12 18:22:31 geru-itea kernel: ipw2100: eth1: Firmware
> 'ipw2100-1.3.fw' not available or load failed.
> Mar 12 18:22:31 geru-itea kernel: ipw2100: eth1: ipw2100_get_firmware
> failed: -2

Either you/the updater deleted the firmware, or you upgraded to a new
hotplug that uses a different directory for the firmware.

Or, thinking about it a little more, if you've upgraded the ipw2100
drivers, read the changelog/readme - they moved the firmware load to
require hotplug, so if you don't have the firmware installed in the
hotplug directories, it isn't going to work.

-m

--=20
If you don't believe in Dragons, then is it inversely true, that the
dragons you discharge do not believe in you?

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--