[ltp] Suspend-to-RAM on R51

Ingo van Lil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:09:33 +0100

On 13 Mar 2005, Alexander Gran wrote:

> > It all didn't help. What am I doing wrong?

I played around some more with different kernels, config options and
boot parameters and I noticed that I was slightly mistaken: If I use
the acpi_sleep=s3_bios or acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode kernel parameters
the system refuses to wake up just like I wrote. If I use
acpi_sleep=s3_mode or no parameters at all the system actually does wake
up (i.e. it beeps and the sleep LED goes out), but the display still
shows the "Stopping tasks" message. I can access the machine via ssh,
though.

> Config from http://zodiac.dnsalias.org/config-2.6.11-mm3

Hm, you obviously have a Radeon video card, I only have an Intel 855GM.
The experimental kernel driver for that card doesn't work very well (I
don't see a cursor and get loads of "cursor has been killed, restore it"
messages, so I'm using vesafb. Anyway, I tried with regular VGA console,
vesafb and intelfb, with and without a running X server - the display's
dead after suspend/resume in any case.

        Cheers,
            Ingo