[ltp] Suspend-to-RAM on R51

Ingo van Lil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:28:08 +0100

On 13 Mar 2005, Alexander Gran wrote:

> > The experimental kernel driver for that card doesn't work very well (I
> > don't see a cursor and get loads of "cursor has been killed, restore it"
> > messages, so I'm using vesafb. Anyway, I tried with regular VGA console,
> > vesafb and intelfb, with and without a running X server - the display's
> > dead after suspend/resume in any case.
>
> Is there a X driver for that card?

Yes, X.org works almost flawless using the i810 driver, including 3d
acceleration and Xv extensions. But the X server dies during suspend or
restore (the server log says "Fatal server error: EnterVT failed for
screen 0") and refuses to be restarted (I810(0): No Video BIOS modes
for chosen depth.).

        Cheers,
            Ingo