[ltp] Next: radeon funnies (radeon_cp_init called without lock held)

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:12:22 -0500

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:50:47 +0200, Jean Jordaan
<jean@upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> Man, today is actually going OK, even though it feels like wading
> through treacle. Accomplishments include:
>
> - Looks like suspend-to-RAM is OK (I'm not sure yet)
> - I can get my flatmate's photos off her camera
> - I've written my first CD-RW using cdrecord
>
> Cool :]
>
> Next up .... when I start http://tomatoes.sourceforge.net/ I get a black
> screen. I need to ctrl-alt-f1 and kill -9 the tomatoes process to get X
> to come back to life. I see this in the log:
>
> Mar 13 21:14:58 [kernel] [drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init
> called without lock held
> Mar 13 21:14:58 [kernel] [drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 31529 using
> kernel context 0

you don't have agp loaded properly:  Make sure you have agpgart and
intel-agp loaded:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting

> I changed /etc/games/tomatoes/config.cfg from 800x600x32 to:
>
> video_mode = 1024 x 768
> video_mode_color_depth = 16
>
> in order to conform to my xorg.conf
>
> Speaking of which, I see my driver isn't radeon but ati. Dunno why, it's
> probably what xorgconfig found. Is it OK?
>
>          Identifier  "Card0"
>          Driver      "ati"
>          VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
>          BoardName   "Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]"
>          BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>
> Any advice here?

the "ati" driver is just a wrapper for the ati-misc, r128, and radeon
drivers.  It looks up the chipset and then loads the proper driver.
you can also put radeon.  It doesn't matter.  The radeon driver ends
up getting loaded either way.

Alex