[ltp] Noisy fan on T42

Jerome Poggi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:03:19 +0100

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005, Alexandru D. Salcianu wrote:
> Hello!
> I have an IBM ThinkPad T42 2373-6VU, 1.7GHz Centrino, ATI Radeon 7500,
> running Fedora Core 3, kernel 2.6.10-1.766_FC3, Xorg 6.8.1.
>
> My (huge) problem is that the fan is always on in Linux, at full
> speed, even when I don't run anything ;( I've even changed the BIOS
> settings such that the processor always runs at min speed (600Mhz) and
> the noise from the fan is unchanged ...

Take a look at :
http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/

Fan, Brigthness, Volume and write to Embedded Controller are new
capabilities.

Borislav Deianov work on it :-)
I think he will release a new version of ibm-acpi kernel module soon.

Jerome.

--
Jerome POGGI                                     Jerome.Poggi@hsc.fr
Herve Schauer Consultants   -=-   Network security consultant, CISSP