[ltp] suspend together with ALSA and with PCMCIA ISDN card on ThinkPad T23

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:52:54 +0100

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 16:39:48 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Montag, 14. März 2005 10:31 schrieb Tino Keitel:
>
> > > yes, I thought about it. Problem was last time I tried that ACPI
> > > patches and swsusp2 patches did not apply cleanly when I try to apply
> > > both of them. However from what I saw it was just due to that swsusp2
> > > contained an patch for ACPI that the ACPI patches also contained so I
> > > might just give it a try after while. For now I have enough
> > > kernel-recompile cycles for a while ;)
> >
> > What's the reason for the ACPI patches? I have no problems with vanilla
> > 2.6.11 + swsusp2 on my T23.
>
> Hello Tino,
>
> does suspend to ram also work? To my knowledge swsusp2 doesn't use ACPI at
> all (which can be an advantage;-).

Yes, suspend to RAM (ACPI S3) works, it also worked with vanilla 2.6.10
(except for the clock drift). However, I don't use it very often, since
I have the battery removed most of the time.

Regards,
Tino